Login: 
Password:
Home All Questions Ask Question All Forums Recent Polls Users Register new user
Animals / पशु > feed requirements of HF cows & murrah buffalos  

Quick Go »
Show Printable Version | e-mail this thread | Add To My Favorites | Watch this Thread
Author
Previous Thread 6 Replies 22988 Views Next Thread

avutu_kunduru

60+ Contributor
Hyderabad
Andhra Pradesh
India

Member's Photo

feed requirements of HF cows & murrah buffalos

We are planing to buy HF/Jersy cows. We have 40 murrah buffalos. Can you compare feed requirements for cows(20lts/day) and murrah buffalos(10-12lts/day). Which will take more feed(green,dry and concentrate) .Is HF or Jersy is best or hybrid of HF-Jersy is best.

What about health care, which are more costly. we heard that Cows are more prone to ill health compared to buffalos. Is it true. Any special care is required for cows compared to murrah buffalos.

Please reply.

Regards

K.Srinivasulu reddy

Hyderabad.

----------------------------------------
K.Srinivasulu reddy
Hyderabad
[Jan 6, 2009 10:30:59 PM] Print Post    Email is hidden to Guest Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

cnsant

70+ Contributor
Mumbai
Maharashtra
India

Re: feed requirements of HF cows & murrah buffalos

Dear Sir,

“ Greetings from Dr.C.N.Sant ”

I can & will be able to answer all your queries regarding Dairy Farming.

I undertake Dairy farming Projects (New as well optimization of Productivity & thereby profitability of the existing farms) on Turn Key basis i.e. from inception to conception (Setting up the dairy farm as per your need) & then guide & train you (& all the people involved in your Farm) for the same till the next lactation i.e. my Consultancy will be with you from the first calf till the next one, which usually takes minimum 15-18 months depending upon what you keep i.e. cow or buffalo.

This means I will be guiding you on all aspects of Management ( starting with Construction of sheds, Purchase of animals) & Feeding, Nutrition, Optimization of everything for the period which will include every season & you will be well versed with every contingency.

Please feel free to call me on 098606 00133 ANYTIME so that I will be able to understand & then will be able to send you the Project report according to the information on following points :
1. Location of the proposed Dairy
2. Proposed number of animals
3. Land available
4. Marketing of the end Product viz. raw milk/products.

Thanking you in anticipation & with warm regards,

Dr.Chandrakiran N. Sant
(Dairy Management Advisor)

E mail : cnsant@gmail.com
[Jan 7, 2009 12:16:20 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

avutu_kunduru

60+ Contributor
Hyderabad
Andhra Pradesh
India

Member's Photo

Dear Sant,

If your consultancy is free of cost, really great. If not , I am sorry to that the basic purpose of this site is misused. Here we are expecting suggestions from experts for the benifit of agriculturists in India. Please don't use it for your personnal benifits.

One will not get practical knowledge in Dairy field, unless he is really involved in this field by investing his money.

Dr.K.Srinivasulu reddy
Hyderabad
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Aqua team,

We are expecting answers from you.

Thanks & Regards

K.Srinivasulu Reddy
K.Srinivasulu reddy
Hyderabad
[Jan 8, 2009 10:44:42 PM] Print Post    Email is hidden to Guest Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. D.P.Bhoite
Phone Number: 02112-255207

For 100 kg concentrate formulation:-

Sr.No.

IngradientsProportion
1.Barly/Chuni30%
2.Crushed Maize/Jowar/Bajara35%
3.a) Sunflower cake (7%)                     +                              b)Cotton seed cake (20%)                         +                              c) Groundnut cake (8%)35%
4.Common Salt1 kg
5.Chelated mineral mixture(Agrimin forte/Bestamin gold /any suitable mineral mixture consulting to local expert veterinarian)1 kg
6.Shell grit1 kg
For milking buffaloes, you may give 500 gms of formulated concentrate per 1 litre of milk in buffaloes & for cows 350 gms per litre of milk..Also it is better to add 20 gms of probiotics powder per animal to increase milk production & fat % age in buffaloes.Green fodder requirement for cow and buffalo is 10% of its body weight eg.400 kgs buffalo or cow requires 40kg of green fodder(in which 30 kgs of cereals as Hybrid napier/maize/jowar and 10 kgs of pulses like Lucerne/cowpea or Stlyosanthes).Dry fodder requirement is 5-6 kg per day.

This kind of formulation is safe in pregnancy.You may also take training on dairy farming for get rid of losses in dairy farming by new scientic knowledge & practice.In case of HF breed which is not sustainable in High Humied and hot weather and low grren fodder area than Jersey cow.So for that you may consult to local veterinarian first regarding selection cattle breed.Buffalo can thrive well than cows in adverse weather conditions but need careful management.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by baramati at Jan 17, 2009 10:15:35 AM]
[Jan 17, 2009 10:07:37 AM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

guruprasad

Contributor
Sattur
Karnataka
India

Member's Photo

hi

Thank you sir

Thank you

Guruprasad
[Edit 2 times, last edit by guruprasad at Dec 28, 2009 7:50:34 PM]
[Dec 28, 2009 7:43:39 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

guruprasad

Contributor
Sattur
Karnataka
India

Member's Photo

Re:Thank you sir

Hello,

The detailed information about the feeds ingredients will surelly help me in future. as i am newelly starting a dairy farm (of about 50 murrah buffalloes) in Dharwad(city), state-Karnataka.  I am really thankfull to Krishi Vigyan Kendra Baramati for making availabel of such information.

Sir, I would like to know about the effect geographical(location) change on murrah buffalloes from north to south. And how we can reduce those effects.

Thank you

Guruprasad

Thank you

Guruprasad
[Edit 2 times, last edit by guruprasad at Dec 28, 2009 7:57:35 PM]
[Dec 28, 2009 7:47:13 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. D.P.Bhoite
Phone Number: 02112-255207

Re: Re:Thank you sir

As compaired to other domestic animals ,buffalo have not developed sweat glands to adjust body temperatue so it really means buffalo farming is critical in hot climatic areas.
In case of Murrah ,whos native is from Haryana or delhi area where climate is slightly cooler than southern hotter parts so ultimatelt it effects on its performance.Other conditions like change is feed & surrounding also effects on performance on Murrah buffalo.Farmers who want to adoprt Murrah buffaloes in other parts of India should visit to native areas & study the feeding practices adopted by Murrah rearing farmers.
I feel prior to starting for Murrah buffalo farming,you may study aspects related to Housing,feeding ,stress management ,Preventive health care management & reproductive management in Murrah buffaloes.In this regards,harayana agricultural univerisity & National dairy Research Institute has great contribution.

[Above information is based on recommendations from National Agriculture Research System. The Effectiveness of the recommendations varies from place to place with changes in natural resource and climate. Farmers are advised to use the information on their own responsibility. KVK Baramati shall not be responsible for any consequences.]

[Edit 1 times, last edit by baramati at Jan 6, 2010 2:56:44 PM]
[Jan 6, 2010 2:55:55 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

Hindi Keyboard   Telugu Keyboard   Kannada Keyboard