Login: 
Password:
Home All Questions Ask Question All Forums Recent Polls Users Register new user
discussion / बातचीत (no Answer given) > Cattle cost In Karnataka  

Quick Go »
Pages: 3   [ 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
Show Printable Version | e-mail this thread | Add To My Favorites | Watch this Thread
Author
Previous Thread 24 Replies 23818 Views Next Thread

raaj007

Contributor
bangalore
Karnataka
India

Cattle cost In Karnataka

I really appreciate this forum for the plausible work you are doing.

I am planning to start from a small investment of about 1-2 cows in chamarajnagar district and depending on it expand it further. I have a few questions.

1. I would like to know the cost of holstein and jersey cows int he region and its availability nearby and their transport if bought at far place/

2. Also suggest me good Indian breeds , their cost and high yielding cows suited for Karnataka/Mysooru climate with local offices which can provide me with further information.

3. Do we have any loans/ tax benefits for such investments. Which bank is best for such facility.

4. I would also like to know about the adjustment of foriegn breeds to Indian climate and guidance/ teach to Indian farmers as to how to maintain them.

5. Where are modern equipments available like milking machines and are they feasible for small farms.

6. How do we breed them and from where help should be sought out in Mysore.

[Sep 11, 2008 11:42:06 AM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. D.P.Bhoite
Phone Number: 02112-255207

Re: Cattle cost In Karnataka

It is better to approach to nearest veterinarian or government veterinary officer to know availabilty of Holstein Friesean animals in your area ,as far as HF breed is concerned,it is available at Banglore area because initial activities of cattle breeding were took place in Banglore through National dairy Research Institute.However price is factor which differs as per locality ,in Maharashtra price of dairy animals in local market is depends on average milk production per day eg.for 1 litre of milk Rs-1000/-,but it may change according to situation or place .
Local breeds like Sahiwal,Sindhi breeds are very suitable in your area which you can cross with native local or crossbred animals,But also semen of such animals can be used in high milking HF animals to increase fat% and disease resistance capacity of offsprings.Semen of these breeds available locally in government or private artificial insemination centres.
For loan on dairy farming,you can approach to any nationalised bank.You can decide criteria of best suitable bank after approching them and get known schemes of banks for dairy.
Foreign breed in pure forms can not able to sustain in average managemnt situation.further those breeds which we had preferred for breeding in indian cattles,mostly are from temperate situation,so temperature is one of critical factor in indian situation which may affect the performance of foreign breed.Last but most important things are feeding,management practices.In this area,indian farmers mostly prefer to do traditional management practices which are least suitable for crossbred animal and if feeding is concerned there are only few farmers which are aware of the importance of balanced feeding to their crossbred cattle.It is afct that in good feeding and managemnt conditions only,crossbred can survive and produce well.If we want to remove such crisis then it is good to aware dairy farmers via hand on training and other extension methods.
Modern equipments like milking machines you can see website of Delaval company.
www.delaval.com
address:-Delaval Pvt ltd,
a3,Abhimaanshree society,Dr.Homo Bhabha Raod,
Pune- 411008,Maharashtra
contact-020-25675881

for details about any scheme or program on cattle brreding in your state ,you can approach to following address:-
Assistant General Manager
NABARD,
Shankar Krupa,Ramasamudra, B R Hills,
Chamaraja Nagar - 571 313
STD : 08226 : 225292
Email: nbkacham@sancharnet.in

Regarding animal breeding and breed availability ,you can contact to following address:-
Head,
Department of animal genetics and breeding,
Veterinary College, KVAFSU, Bangalore
Tel : 080 - 23410509 Fax: 080 - 23410509
http://www.kvafsu.kar.nic.in/Veterinary%20Coll%20Bangalore.htm
[Sep 13, 2008 11:08:13 AM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

kiran

Contributor
aalandi
Maharashtra
India

dear sir
i have decided to make big cattle my be arond 20 cows in udupi.i want to make a small scale business on this.i want to ask the following:
1-what is the procedure to start this kind of business
2-what kind of breeds is suitable in udupi
3-how much investment would i need
4-mention new,tecnologies methods,equipments machines
[Sep 27, 2008 11:27:05 AM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

You can start yourairy business on your own,there is no any formal procedure to start this business.If it is in oyur area ,any formalities ,then you should approach to your nearest veterinary officer to seek the information.
Breeds in most parts of South India are crosses of Holstein Friesean animals.It is available in local markets also.For starting 20 animals farm ,you need 10 lakhs,this includes cost of animals and cost of shed construction .But it is manadatory that you should have atleast 4-5 acres of lanf for fodder production.If you want to purchase fodder from outside market then it is costlier business.For the farm,you need one milking machine,Chaff cutter,Ghamelis,Spade,Milk Cans and pails, etc.
prior to starting this business ,you may undertake training on dairy farming at nearst agriculture or veterinary college or kvk's in your state.
[Oct 4, 2008 12:43:45 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

eswarkumr

Contributor
Hyderabad
Karnataka
India

Hi,

I am interested to start a dairy farm in Raichur/Bellary district with 10-15 cattles mixed with Cows and Buffelows (HF,Jercy,Soorthi and Murrah). Iam already searching for a suitable land of 3-4 acres.

Can I get loan form any financial institutions for this?

Where can I get the information about milking machine and other required machines?
If you could provide me the contact details for the above asked will defenitely help me.

Thanks,
Eswar.
[Oct 14, 2008 9:34:37 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Regrding information on loan and other details,you can contact to following address:-
Assistant General manager,
NABARD,
Sai Laxmi Nilayam,
1-9 - 50 Azad Nagar Station area,
Raichur - 584101
STD : 08532 : 234512
Email: nbkarchr@yahoo.co.in

For details regarding milking machine,you cantact to following address:-
D-laval Pvt.Ltd,
A-3,Abhimaanshrre society,
Dr.Homi Bhabha Road(Pashan),
Pune-411 008
Contact-020-25675881
[Oct 21, 2008 10:45:20 AM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

ManasaChandra

Contributor
Madhugiri
Karnataka
India

Hi All,

I am very intrested to start a dairy farm in Madhugiri, Tumkur (Dist), Please give me some information regarding financial and animals which suits in the region stated above.
As i am a beginer, what all the things i should be taken care. Can we have any insurence for the animals.
[Feb 20, 2009 6:33:49 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

You may see following link for your reference.
http://www.nabard.org/modelbankprojects/animalhusbandry.asp
It is better to take training at Krishi Vigyan Kendra in your district
:Programme coordiantor,
Krishi Vigyan Kendra,
Konehally,
Tiptur-572 202 Dist- Tumkar
contact- 08134- 260533/260371/09845057032

For contact details on loan schemes on dairy farming in karnataka you may approach at following address:-
Assistant General Manager
NABARD,
Alia Manzil (Ground Floor), 4th Cross, Vidhya Nagar,
Tumkur-572103
STD : 0816 2280165
Email: tumkur@nabard.org
[Feb 28, 2009 5:19:41 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

Hemanth

Contributor
Channaraya pattana
Karnataka
India

Dear all,

I am very intrested to start a dairy farm in Channaraya patana,Hassan.

Please give me some information regarding financial and animals which suits in the region.As i am a beginer, what all the things i should be taken care. Can we have any insurence for the animals.

[Sep 2, 2009 10:45:44 AM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

ragasforIIT

30+ Contributor
IITB Powai
Assam
India

thanks a lot for the whole information
----------------------------------------
~Kalyan Sagar
[Sep 3, 2009 4:11:36 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 
Pages: 3   [ 1 2 3 | Next Page ]

Hindi Keyboard   Telugu Keyboard   Kannada Keyboard