Login: 
Password:
Home All Questions Ask Question All Forums Recent Polls Users Register new user
Animals / पशु > Daily Cost of maitining HF or Jersy Cows  

Quick Go »
Show Printable Version | e-mail this thread | Add To My Favorites | Watch this Thread
Author
Previous Thread 4 Replies 3020 Views Next Thread

ankur.borthakur

Contributor
Sabarmati
Gujarat
India

Daily Cost of maitining HF or Jersy Cows

I am planning to start a dairy farm near ahmedabad so i want to know that how much we have to spend with the cows including food in daily basis it can be jersy or HF what amt is spend on them per day at maitining them.
[Aug 29, 2008 12:34:57 AM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. D.P.Bhoite
Phone Number: 02112-255207

Re: Daily Cost of maitining HF or Jersy Cows

In one acre of land you can rear 3 adult animals and 2 young animals very well.this needs fodder management.In that i.e.in one acre (40 r ) area 20 R area should be given to perennial fodder varieties In that 10R for Hybrid napier i.e.( RBN-13 or RBN-9),10R for Lucern,remaining 20R for seasonal fodder varieties of Maize,jowar in rotation along with Cow pea as mixed fodder crop.Each adult animal require 10 % of green fodder of its body weight(for 400 kg animal require 40kg of green fodder) and 6-7 kg dry fodder ,2 kg concentrate for maintenance and each 3kg milk additional 1kg of concentrate is required.The cost of animals differs in various region but for 1 litre production of milk purchasing cost is at least 1200/- rupees .For getteing better animals you first search in local weekly markets i your state,it is better to take help of local veterinarian(B.V.Sc and A.H. or M.V.Sc) before or at the time of purchasing animals.
For details about various loan schemes for dairy and training centres ,you can contact to following address:-
Chief General Manager
Gujarat Regional Office
NABARD Tower, Opp. Municipal Garden
Post Box no. 8
Usmanpura
Ahmedabad - 380 013
Tel: (91) 079 27552782
(91) 079 27551959
Fax: (91) 079 27551584
Email: ahmedabad@nabard.org
[Aug 29, 2008 3:34:37 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

Kajens

Contributor
Mangalore
Karnataka
India

Jersy cows dont cost much to Maintaing them, Long as you have a Local Vet working with you , you should be fine. Jersy cows are very hardy animals, and provide you more milk ratio compired to other cow, when compairing the food intake per day. I do not know how much a Jersy Cow cost in your area. But when I checked were I live it's about 20,000-30,000 INR they said. Before starting please talk to you local Vet and get information, and take an expert when going to buy you Cows. If your self in not an expert. Good luck with your project.
[Aug 29, 2008 3:38:59 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

ankur.borthakur

Contributor
Sabarmati
Gujarat
India

Thanks for you valuable answers also which cow is more usefull for dairy business Holstein Friesian or Jersy. also what should be the no of cow for starting.
[Sep 3, 2008 11:43:54 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. D.P.Bhoite
Phone Number: 02112-255207

It is up to you to decide which cow is good for dairy business.
1.You should first analyse what is market demand at your place.
2.Also decide what is yout present capacity to handle the project sucessfully.Means secondary factors like land holding for fodder production,market availability,distance from market,Market fluctuation in a year.so this is necessary to study all these factors first.
3.Regarding breed selection,you need to see which breed is easily available in your area.Which breed require less maintenance ar less diseases etc.& which breed has more sustainance in your locality.for this information you can contact to nearby local veterinarian for guidance.(B.V.Sc & A.H or M.V.Sc).
4.As far as sturdiness and fat percentage Jersey breed are good than Holstein frisean animals .Also you can do crossbreeding via which you can maintain your herd at optimum level of production.
5.For maintaining good dairy farming practice,there should be necessity of training for each farmers as dairy buseness is now become a business not a traditional option at all.
6.You can start dary business from less number of animals according to your capacity of providing food,shelter and daily needs.If you will start unnecessarily in larger quantity then sudden problem will be arised then may be it causes losses in your farm.So without taking any risk start dairy entreprise initially with less number of animals for getting good experience of management of dairy farm.

[Above information is based on recommendations from National Agriculture Research System. The Effectiveness of the recommendations varies from place to place with changes in natural resource and climate. Farmers are advised to use the information on their own responsibility. KVK Baramati shall not be responsible for any consequences.]
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by baramati at Sep 4, 2008 2:28:28 PM]
[Sep 4, 2008 2:22:29 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

Hindi Keyboard   Telugu Keyboard   Kannada Keyboard