Login: 
Password:
Home All Questions Ask Question All Forums Recent Polls Users Register new user
Animals / पशु > GOAT FARM IN CHURU  

Quick Go »
Show Printable Version | e-mail this thread | Add To My Favorites | Watch this Thread
Author
Previous Thread 4 Replies 1322 Views Next Thread

nikhil_hitech

Contributor
sadulpur
Rajasthan
India

GOAT FARM IN CHURU

DEAR SIR,

I WANT TO ASK YOU SIR THAT IS GOAT FARM A SUCCESFULL BUSSINESS ON LARGE SCALE IF I STARTED A NEW GOAT FARM IN CHURU(RAJASTHAN),AND WHAT ALL NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS TO ESTABLISH A GOAT FARM AND FROM WHERE I CAN GET TRAINING FOR TO RUN GOAT FARM WAITING FOR UR REPLY...

[Aug 23, 2008 11:21:21 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

Kajens

Contributor
Mangalore
Karnataka
India

Re: GOAT FARM IN CHURU

hello,

Goat farm are Profitable bussines, but it all comes down to how much time and money you willing to put in to it. To even start a Goat Farm you will need a Land which has more of trees and bush then grass. Goats eat more off trees then Grass. Second you need a local Vet to work with you, and also you have to big Live stocks and if you know what Selective Breeding is then you can go on picking your best pairs and breed for Size, as you are only intrested in the production of Meat, Stall feeding is a good idea as it can help you keep in track of the Goats as well as your Goats will save enegry but converting all the Food in to Muscle fibers then Energy to produce heat and so on.. but Stall Feeding would cost you little more money to build and manage.

Kajendran (M.B.B.S)
[Aug 27, 2008 2:26:44 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

drshibi

150+ Contributor
amalner
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

hi,you can call me on 09422977566 for detail information regarding goat farming as we are into this business for past several years and  working as goat farming consultant,too.

regards

Dr.Shibi Vasishtha

[Aug 28, 2008 8:26:03 AM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

drshibi

150+ Contributor
amalner
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

hi,you can call me on 09422977566 for detail information regarding goat farming as we are into this business for past several years and  working as goat farming consultant,too.

regards

Dr.Shibi Vasishtha

----------------------------------------
IMAGE_627.jpg (347862 bytes) (Download Count: 1073)
Zoom In | Zoom Out | Normal
IMAGE_627.jpg
[Aug 28, 2008 8:27:04 AM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. D.P.Bhoite
Phone Number: 02112-255207

Goats can survive in different agroclimatic conditions .But it is good to rear goats which are native and highest in performance i.e. Growth,birth weight,disease resistance etc.Regarding goat rearing,the purpose is to produce good quality meat ,mannure or milk,so it is necessary to see what are the market conditions i.e.Demand and supply linkages for various products i.e meat,milk or goat mannure.
Goat are fond of varios shrubs and tree leaves than actual fodder varieties but for commercial goat rearing fodder species like Lucern,Maize,Jowar,Berseem etc along with different regional tree shrubs like sisbenia,Acacia species should be planted one year before establishing goat farm.By using additional concentrate (Flushing up) before mating season and also introducing males in nonpregnant adult female flocks are the regular method of bringing female goats into heat however keeping male for breeding is not costlier than AI.In goat AI has only 40% sucess rate in well managed conditions so most preference is to keep male for at least 20 goats for breeding in a flock.
Boer is good breed because it can sustain in intensive farming situation as well as survive in worlds most different agroclimatic situation.Boer is meat purpose breed.
For Boer breed ,you can contact at following address:-
Cattle and goat farm,
Agricultural development trust,
Malegaon Budruk,
Tal- Baramati,Dist- Pune
Phone-02112-254313
or
Nimkar sheep and goat research Institute,
phaltan-wadjal raod,A/P- Wadjal,
Tal- Phaltan,Dist- Satara
Phone-02166-221095
For details regarding training institutes and various schemes of government for goat rearing ,you can contact on following address:-
Assistant General Manager
NABARD,
H. No. 32, Scheme No.8, Gandhinagar,
Alwar
STD : 0144 : 2337971
Email: nbrjalwr@sancharnet.in
or
NABARD,
House No. 49/50,
Indira Nagar, Jhunjhunu - 333 001
STD : 01592 : 238398
Email: nbrjjnun@sancharnet.in
or
NABARD,
I - D-79, Jai Narayan Vyas Colony,
Bikaner - 334 003
STD : 0151: 2234394
Email: nabbkn@sancharnet.in

[Above information is based on recommendations from National Agriculture Research System. The Effectiveness of the recommendations varies from place to place with changes in natural resource and climate. Farmers are advised to use the information on their own responsibility. KVK Baramati shall not be responsible for any consequences.]

----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by baramati at Aug 28, 2008 5:02:01 PM]
[Aug 28, 2008 4:59:50 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

Hindi Keyboard   Telugu Keyboard   Kannada Keyboard