Login: 
Password:
Home All Questions Ask Question All Forums Recent Polls Users Register new user
Animals / पशु > knowledge of goat farming  

Quick Go »
Show Printable Version | e-mail this thread | Add To My Favorites | Watch this Thread
Author
Previous Thread 6 Replies 8531 Views Next Thread

shahid_pathan4m

Contributor
ahemednagar
Maharashtra
India

knowledge of goat farming

hello sir , i am 24 yr old boy and i m interested in doing goat farming as i have my own agricultural land specially 4 meat. so plz sir help me by giving knowledge abt goat farming as i dont knw much abt it. waiting 4 ur reply
[Jan 2, 2007 9:37:21 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. D.P.Bhoite
Phone Number: 02112-255207

Re: knowledge of goat farming

Dear Shahid,
Regarding Goat farming ,following information is necessary
when you plan to do goat farming as a business you would need to have proper training on that as it is not possible to give the entire information on such forum. you may participate in trainings at Agricultural universities or any reliable NGO which has its own goat farm. You may also approach near by KVK for such training.
There after we would suggest you to visit some of the good goat farms around your place.

- Investment required is depend on the type of shed & material used for construction
- Design of effective and low-cost housing for goats.
* The high-roof shed covered with fire-proof material has been found to be cooler than housings made using conventional reeds, hay thatches and asbestos sheet.
* The shed have established that a shed with its main axis running east-west provides a cooler environment underneath, and it was the best for hot-arid conditions.
* The open type shed has an advantage over the closed ones.
* The width and size of the shelter vary with the animal size, and for goats and sheep the optimum has been determined to be five to six meters.
*The length will depend on the strength of the flock or herd.
* Adult goat requires 16 - 17 Sq ft. area under shade and 40 to 50 Sq ft. area for running passage according to the strength of stock you can construct a shed.
* The height of the shelter in the hot regions should be between three and five meters, and a height less than this will result in poor ventilation. The heat loss through radiation to cool sky is also curtailed in low roof shelter.
* The shape of the roof can either be flat, sloped or 'A' shaped. The A-type roof has definite advantages over the rest in the hot region, as one side of the roof will save the other half from direct solar radiation by casting its shadow. This helps in cutting down heat gain from the roof of the shelter.
* Of the different materials used for the roof, the fire-proof tar-coated type has been found quite effective.
* Shelter surroundings should be kept as green as possible to avoid heating up of the shed for good ventilation and to protect the animals from the direct hit of hot winds,
* The eastern and western sides of the sheds should be covered up to a meter height.
* The roof and walls should be white outside and colored inside. Painting the side-walls white outside reduces the surface temperature inside by 12 to 22 degree centigrade when compared to unpainted walls in places where temperatures remain above 37 degree centigrade.
-Generally 100 goat requires 5 acre land for fodder cultivation so you can manage entire project in this area.
- Investment requred is depend on the type of shed & material used for construction.

Thank you
Dr.Bhoite D.P.
----------------------------------------
goat farming.doc (201216 bytes) (Download Count: 558)

[Jan 4, 2007 11:34:07 AM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

shahid_pathan4m

Contributor
ahemednagar
Maharashtra
India

sir can u plz send me some snaps of goat sheds so that i can start planning the construction of shed.
thanx 4 replying
[Jan 4, 2007 5:22:58 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Please see attachments for detail goat farm structure.
Thank you
Dr.Bhoite
goad shed photo.jpg (99515 bytes) (Download Count: 6030)
Zoom In | Zoom Out | Normal
goad shed photo.jpg
goat shed photo 1.jpg (90625 bytes) (Download Count: 11150)
Zoom In | Zoom Out | Normal
goat shed photo 1.jpg
[Jan 5, 2007 3:57:11 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

ashypeshy

150+ Contributor
Tcy
Tamil Nadu
India

Mate 1st i advice u to consult the Vet Dr. and plant enough Green Fodder to meet the requirement of the sheep.
I had started last month and planted 6 acres green fodders with 3 types which will take 3 months to do 1st harvest. And the pity is i have 22 goats till now...and i do really find it really hard to find fodder to feed the sheep. I have planned to substitute the greed fodder with Concentrates of 5 kinds. I am just going to run this trial to see with concentrate is aquired with interest by the goats and then select 3 of them timely.
So dont go with Numbers 100, or wat ever 1st PLAN, then implement the fodder plan + Concentrates, then Shed, then finally the Goats.
[Mar 12, 2009 6:32:25 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

ashypeshy

150+ Contributor
Tcy
Tamil Nadu
India

Start the goat farm. I started last month and till now in 20 days the goats have reach 22 in number ....at the same time planted fodders of 3 kinds and temporary shed and now we have planned out a major shed with sections for each age group and types and that is our single Shed will have 7-8 sections of 80*60 feet ....can u image wat kind a shed we have planned? I can post the structure...but i wonder if this forum allows. In addition we are intensively working towards all section of the goat farming....temporarily arranged for conservatives and trial running it too....i guess in like 5-6 months time we expect to run the system with proper management plan. Day by day we are facing new issues and we do not hesitate to work out the solutions to these issues and we are over coming these issues as well.

One thing i have learnt in the 20 days is there is a need for one to have
Proper Management of the daily routine system
Finance System (personal/bank)
Proper Feeding Plan (Plantation of Fodders a Must + Conservatives)
Mandatory Medical Cycle
Marketing Method

With all this in control I guess u can never go out of control.
Thanks
Ashy
[Mar 14, 2009 6:40:27 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Thank you.
[Mar 18, 2009 2:30:47 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

Hindi Keyboard   Telugu Keyboard   Kannada Keyboard