Login: 
Password:
Home All Questions Ask Question All Forums Recent Polls Users Register new user
Animals / पशु > Buffalo Dairy Farm  

Quick Go »
Show Printable Version | e-mail this thread | Add To My Favorites | Watch this Thread
Author
Previous Thread 3 Replies 11880 Views Next Thread

rupesh.kumar

Contributor
pashan
Maharashtra
India

Buffalo Dairy Farm

I m having an agricultural land of 7 acres and i m planning to put up a full time buisness of Buffalo Dairy Farm. i need the information regarding the buffallo price, which can give 30 litres of milk daily, there maintence  cost. And plz tell me ur opinion regarding this type of large sacle buisness with 100 buffalos.

----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by rupesh.kumar at Nov 16, 2006 6:56:21 PM]
[Nov 16, 2006 6:53:26 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr.Lawand Sachin
Phone Number: 2112255207

Re: Buffalo Dairy Farm

Buffalo
- Good milking buffalo breed are Murrha, Surti, Mehsana and Jafrabadi all these suitable for maharashtra region.
-nagpuri are local breeds found in marathwada and vidarbh region are also suitable
- for the milk purpose Mehsana and Surti are best breed and it is purchased from Surat, Ahemedabad and Mehsana Districts of Gujrath State.
-Murrha bufflo are originated and distributed near delhi and so these buffaloes are also called as delhi buffalo. and available at rohtak,panjab and adjecent area of delhi
generallygood quality buffalo giving 16 liter of milk will cost ranging from 25 to 35 thousand
start a buffalo farm and prospectus are good but it is not economical to start with large no of buffaloes you have to increase your stock slowly
[Nov 16, 2006 7:52:27 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

rupesh.kumar

Contributor
pashan
Maharashtra
India

Thanks for the information provided by you. But i would like to ask u that how, intially from how much buffalo should i start with. Secondly how is the performance throught the year, whatis there maintence cost monthly including there nuturtion. And lastly is there any state or central goverment financial help is provided.
[Nov 19, 2006 7:56:13 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. D.P.Bhoite
Phone Number: 02112-255207

Dear sir,
To get experience of buffalo farming you would start it with two buffaloes initially for a year or two.This will help you for getting experience in management,Health management and Marketting of milk and milk product and other related essential things in buffalo farming.If fodder,water and health management is good then this business is profitable,only you have to care about low cost with high quality feeds in feeding ration of buffalo.Including nutrition,monthly feeding cost is not so more ,as there is profit,it will essentially depends on what kind of feed you are used to give to buffalo.
Any nationalized bank in your area can provide you lone such as state bank of India, Maharashtra bank & bank of Baroda individually or with the help of Nabard bank
For obtaining bank loan, you should apply to the nearest branch of a Commercial or Co-operative or Regional Rural Bank in your area in the prescribed application form which is available in the branches of financing bank. The Technical Officer attached to or the Manager of the bank can also help/give guidance to prepare the project report for obtain bank loan.
But lone are not given easily they requires security & it is in the form of animal purchased or Mortgage of lands. So for detail information you have to visit your nearest bank.

Thank you.
Dr.Bhoite D.P.
[Nov 23, 2006 3:15:43 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

Hindi Keyboard   Telugu Keyboard   Kannada Keyboard