Login: 
Password:
Home All Questions Ask Question All Forums Recent Polls Users Register new user
Animals / पशु > GOAT FARM IN TAMIL NADU  

Quick Go »
Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next Page ]
Show Printable Version | e-mail this thread | Add To My Favorites | Watch this Thread
Author
Previous Thread 12 Replies 24639 Views Next Thread

KAKA

20+ Contributor
Chennai
Tamil Nadu
India

Member's Photo

GOAT FARM IN TAMIL NADU

Respected Sir,

Presently I am working in Private company in Chennai, I am native of Vellore (REF: CMC HOSPITAL),North Arcot District, Tamil Nadu, I am planning to start GOAT FARM in my native place by beginning of Jan -07. I am planning to rear goat only for meat purpose, Can you suggest me which breed is suitable for my area with good body weight. I am planning to join three months GOAT FARMING course in Tamilnadu Vet nary and Animal science University (TANUVAS). I Have gone through your so many answer in this aAqua section it was very useful. Kindly suggest me about the following breeds. I am planning to start with 2 Unit (1Unit = 60 Doe & 3 Buck).

1.Kannai adu

2.Malabari 

3.Osmanabadi

4.Sangamneri

Can you suggest me about the cross Breeding. Which Buck I should go for Cross Breeding

Thanking You in advance

Yours truly,

K.ASHOK KUMAR

[Oct 25, 2006 3:34:30 PM] Print Post    Email is hidden to Guest Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

drshibi

150+ Contributor
amalner
Maharashtra
India

Re: GOAT FARM IN TAMIL NADU

Dear Kashok Kumar,
hi,wishing you a very happy diwali,
i am working with goats since last 10 years and also in contact with few guys from chennai who are also doing goat farming,if you want to know more about the goat breeds ,please feel free to cantact on 09823777827,i ll try my best to provide best possible things
bye
Dr.Shibi Vasishtha
[Oct 25, 2006 8:47:56 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

vilva

30+ Contributor
Anna Nagar
Tamil Nadu
India

Hi Ashok,

Do you plan to start your goat farm in vellore, i too a native of Vellore(near Chathuvachari)

As informed by Dr.shibi, we can help you getting the breeds required by you. We have our goat farm near Kishkintha theme park, near thambarm.

Pls feel free to contact me on mobile: 98410 37770 or email: vilvapathy@airtelbroadband.in

[Oct 25, 2006 10:31:57 PM] Print Post    Email is hidden to Guest Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

KAKA

20+ Contributor
Chennai
Tamil Nadu
India

Member's Photo

Dear Dr.Shibi Vasishtha/Mr.Vilvapathy

Thank you for your replay, as explained i am planning to start only by begining of Jan -07, I will diffenately keep in touch with You

Warm Regards
KAKA
(K.ASHOK KUMAR)
[Oct 26, 2006 3:39:48 PM] Print Post    Email is hidden to Guest Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr.Lawand Sachin
Phone Number: 2112255207

Kannai adu & Malabari breeds ara your native breeds & well suited to your climatic condition so these breeds are certainly profitable and no risk to rare
Osmanabadi & Sangamneri breeds are native to maharashtra state and surrounding region out of these sangamneri is not so profitable for meat purpose. Best way to go for your native breeds they are easily available & no risk of transportation.
For meat purpose we recomond male Boer goat for crossbreeding if you need this breeds you can contact on below mentioned address
Nimbkar Agriculture Research Institute
at - Wadzal Post-Nibhore
Dist - Satara (Maharashtra)
pin - 415528
Ph no - 02166-262106/205124
Wadzal farm - 221045
Consult with above mentiond address whether it is possible to transport it so long distance & cost of transportation etc.
The frozen semen of boer goot is also provided so discuss with them for artificial insemination
[Oct 27, 2006 1:16:33 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

KAKA

20+ Contributor
Chennai
Tamil Nadu
India

Member's Photo

THANK U VERY MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION

KAKA
(K.ASHOK KUMAR)
[Oct 27, 2006 2:21:17 PM] Print Post    Email is hidden to Guest Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr.Lawand Sachin
Phone Number: 2112255207

you are welcome and thank you for using aaqua.
[Oct 27, 2006 4:29:55 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

balaa

Contributor
lalgudi
Tamil Nadu
India

this is bala from trichy ,i want to start one small farm in my native near trichy -lalgudi ,i request you which one breed suitable for ours area to rear ,i need goats only for meat purpose and if any one who has the farm in chennai with your permission one day i will come and meet you. plz give the idea to me i am youngster for this field
[Mar 16, 2009 12:33:23 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

ashypeshy

150+ Contributor
Tcy
Tamil Nadu
India

Mate 1st i advice u to consult the Vet Dr. and plant enough Green Fodder to meet the requirement of the GOAT..

Stupidity.
I had started last month and planted 6 acres green fodders with 3 types which will take 3 months to do 1st harvest. And the pity is i have 22 goats till now...and i do really find it really hard to find fodder to feed the sheep. I have planned to substitute the greed fodder with Concentrates of 5 kinds. I am just going to run this trial to see with concentrate is aquired with interest by the goats and then select 3 of them timely.
So dont go with Numbers 100, or wat ever 1st PLAN, then implement the fodder plan + Concentrates, then Shed, then finally the Goats.
Learnt from my Stupidity
Start the goat farm. I started last month and till now in 20 days the goats have reach 22 in number ....at the same time planted fodders of 3 kinds and temporary shed and now we have planned out a major shed with sections for each age group and types and that is our single Shed will have 7-8 sections of 80*60 feet ....can u image wat kind a shed we have planned? I can post the structure...but i wonder if this forum allows. In addition we are intensively working towards all section of the goat farming....temporarily arranged for conservatives and trial running it too....i guess in like 5-6 months time we expect to run the system with proper management plan. Day by day we are facing new issues and we do not hesitate to work out the solutions to these issues and we are over coming these issues as well.

One thing i have learnt in the 20 days is there is a need for one to have
Proper Management of the daily routine system
Finance System (personal/bank)
Proper Feeding Plan (Plantation of Fodders a Must + Conservatives)
Mandatory Medical Cycle
Marketing Method

This is atleast the BASICS…if some professional would approve this post.
With all this in control I guess u can never go out of control.
Thanks
Ashy
[Mar 18, 2009 11:37:08 AM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. D.P.Bhoite
Phone Number: 02112-255207

thank you.
[Mar 18, 2009 3:10:22 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 
Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next Page ]

Hindi Keyboard   Telugu Keyboard   Kannada Keyboard