Login: 
Password:
Home All Questions Ask Question All Forums Recent Polls Users Register new user
Animals / पशु > Cost of Jersey and Hallstone cows, dairy farming, dairy project, starting dairy  

Quick Go »
Pages: 3   [ 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
Show Printable Version | e-mail this thread | Add To My Favorites | Watch this Thread
Author
Previous Thread 22 Replies 75352 Views Next Thread

tarakdatta

Contributor
kolkata
West Bengal
India

Member's Photo

Cost of Jersey and Hallstone cows, dairy farming, dairy project, starting dairy

Sir, I am interested to know about the feasibility in setting up a cow farm with above varities of cow, in West bengal. The estimated cost with profitability may be provided, along with the source of getting the good quality cow. thanking you Yours truly tarak datta
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by bahuman at Oct 8, 2012 3:51:04 PM]
[Apr 25, 2006 1:49:21 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. Mrs. T. A. Kadarbhai
Phone Number: 02112-255207

Re: Jersy and Hallstone cow farming

It is nice to know that you want to establish a cow farm with Jerseys & Holstein friesian. Both the breeds are well accustomed to Indian climatic conditions. They come from temperate countries so are susceptible to high temperatures & more humid atmosphere which is likely to prevail in west Bengal. that is why in India we don't prefer 100% HF Or jersey but go for 62.5% foreign blood level of these breeds.

So before going ahead with the purchase of the breeds pl. check up the breeding policy in your state. you should be able to get this information from local veterinary officer or University.
The project cost will vary based on how much cows you wish to rear.
We would need information such as how much of land do you possess for growing fodder? or you plan to outsource it?
You may get good quality cross bred cows from Maharashtra which range between 25-40000 each with the yield potential of 18-25 lits of milk per day
you may also think of rearing buffaloes if you are close to cities as city people pay high prices for buffalo milk in Maharashtra/
Pl. survey your area as we are not much aware of choice of milk in W. Bengal
We suggest that you first visit some good farms in maharashtra to get clear picture. We can assist you in the visit
[Apr 26, 2006 12:49:27 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

Aatif

Contributor
Ahmedabad
Gujarat
India

Dear Sir,
I am living in Pakistan's more fertile area in Gujranwala(Punjab). There is a very rare trend of cow farming. So, it could be a good step to start a full equiped cow farm. I am also having sufficient place for farm in Guranwala. I also want to know the prices of cows if i import from Australia or from where i can get the good quality Australian cows with good price. what would you suggest me to start the Cow farm.
thanks and regards,
Aatif
[Jun 5, 2006 11:14:53 AM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

kiranmodi

40+ Contributor
satellite
Gujarat
India

Dear Sir,
i m intesting for cattle farm so, pls u send inform me about h f jersy cow price and nearest market in gujarat ahmedabad.
and also send inform about murraha buffello price

modi kiran.
ahmedabad (gujarat)
[Jun 11, 2006 7:51:09 PM] Print Post    Email is hidden to Guest Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. R. S. Jadhav

Dear sir,
- Market prices for Jersey crossbreds - Rs.20,000
- Market price for murha buffalo according to milk yield and purity of breed prices vary from Rs.25000 to Rs.35000 and milk yield vary from 10liters to 18 liters/ day/lactation.
- Market for murha buffalo is at Jidha,Hissar,Rohtak
- Market for Jafarabadi is at Bhavnagar,jamnagar in southern area of Gujrat.
- Market prices for Hostein Frision cows are Rs.25000-30000 producing yield of 3000-4000 liters per lactation.
- For market information in gujrat contact to NDDB office at Anand.
[Jun 13, 2006 12:02:55 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

kiranmodi

40+ Contributor
satellite
Gujarat
India

sir,
i m happy for sufficient information about murrah buffelo & h f jersy cow.sir heartly thanks.
sir, pls you infom me about h f jersy cow milk fat in 1 litre & how can calculate in dairy market price with fat.
[Jun 13, 2006 6:40:40 PM] Print Post    Email is hidden to Guest Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

kiranmodi

40+ Contributor
satellite
Gujarat
India

sir,
i m happy for sufficient information about murrah buffelo & h f jersy cow.sir heartly thanks.
sir, pls you infom me about h f jersy cow milk fat in 1 litre & how can calculate in dairy market price with fat.
my email is- kian_modi2003@yahoo.com

thanks again.....modi kiran
[Jun 13, 2006 6:42:13 PM] Print Post    Email is hidden to Guest Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. R. S. Jadhav

Dear sir,
- The fat percentage of Jersey cow is higher than the holstein frision cow. A jersey cow has fat % 4.5 to 5.5 with an average 5.37 while hostein fresion cow has fat % ranging from 3.0 - 3.5 % with an average 3.44%.
- Fat % of milk can be calculated in the laboratery with the help of instrument Gerber centrifugal machine. The simplest wat to calculate the fat % in milk is using Milko tester.
- You can see Milko tester at your nearest dairy unit.

Mr.Lawand S P
kvk baramati.
[Jun 14, 2006 12:27:39 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

kiranmodi

40+ Contributor
satellite
Gujarat
India

sir
i wish to buy 10 cow who yield 5000 litre milk yearly(1cow)with 5 to 6 fat. sir you inform me this type cow or buffelo.
sir i m now in ahmedabad (north gujarat)so please sir you inform my nearly purchase center for this type cow or buffelo.
and sir my investment for 10 cow for my high tech farm
sir , how many litre pure drinking water for 10 cow (1 day)
sir if we select jersy or h f jersy cow so air-condition is need for best result.
thank sir
good night
[Jun 15, 2006 11:47:47 PM] Print Post    Email is hidden to Guest Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Mr.Prasad Kaledhonkar
Phone Number: 2112255207

Dear sir,
- Holstein Frision can yield upto 4500-5000 liters under well fed indian condtions.But the fat % of this breed is 3.00-3.5.
- so such kind of cow( as you mentioned in your question) is found very rarely in india.
- You can enquire from Anand dairy which is nearer to ahemadabad.

Dr.Lavand S.P.
kvk baramati
[Jun 19, 2006 10:42:21 AM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 
Pages: 3   [ 1 2 3 | Next Page ]

Hindi Keyboard   Telugu Keyboard   Kannada Keyboard