Login: 
Password:
Home All Questions Ask Question All Forums Recent Polls Users Register new user
Animals / पशु > Semi Intensive and Intensive farming for Goat / Sheep  

Quick Go »
Show Printable Version | e-mail this thread | Add To My Favorites | Watch this Thread
Author
Previous Thread 3 Replies 4080 Views Next Thread

asadrazvi2000

500+ Contributor
Hyderabad
Andhra Pradesh
India

Member's Photo

Semi Intensive and Intensive farming for Goat / Sheep

Dear All,This is what I feel and I am sharing my experience on intensive and semi intensive with all the Goat farmers on this website. 1st of all the farm owners should take training on Management and housing of Sheep / Goat  and  should decide which type of practice is  more suitable or beneficial to them by doing critical analysis of various scenarios. Intensive farming is suitable  Ø      for those farms where there are no near by lands for grazing or the owners are more cautious about the health of the exotic breeds and they don’t want to his animals to get mix with the flocks of local farmers and catch various diseases or drink the contaminated water on road side due to in competent grazing staff as commented by Raghu Bhai- Sampada farmsØ      where the  farm owners are having only limited land and they cant get near by land on lease or  not allowed  for free grazing due to their bad relationship with the neighbors.Ø      Where the  live stock farms are very closed near by villagers who are having crooks or near by forest or presence of  irresponsible staff where the owner is 100% sure that if the animals are taken out they can easily stolen by near by villagers who are un employed or eaten by fox or wild dogs or sold by the grazing  staff in the market at cheap rate and this staff will always give miss lead them  that Goat / Sheep has been eaten by wild dogs or wolfs or it has mixed by mistake in others people flocks by mistake and bring back the animals from their home or relatives if the owner take severe action on them.Ø      Where the near by land can only be available after harvesting the crops if the owner is only confined land. Semi Intensive Farming 

Apart from Ravi Bhai Benefits, Siddharth farms, Banglore on Semi Intensive farming , I like to high light some more benefits which I am knowing and I am always recommending all my customers do semi stall feeding( stall feeding + 3 to 4 hours of  Natural Grazing)  because

Ø      Most of the farm owners start with low budget or take loan from bank and I don’t want my customers to incur high running cost due to intensive farming and it is my 1st responsibility to reduce the running cost of my clients/ customers as a farm management consultant.Ø      The animals will get daily good exercise and they will active for mating, Ø      The fodder from the owner land can also be saved to some extent which can lead to reduction in Running Cost.Ø      The farm owners of the Goats farms can leave their Goats to graze/browse on the crop residue of near by agriculture farmer when the crop has been harvested. The advantages of this system is that increase in fertility of the land by droppings and urine of these animals, control of wasteful habits, good growth rate, easier management and possible increased crop yields in future. Here the Goat farm owner will get fodder for his goats and agricultural farmer will get fertility in the land by the droppings. If the land and time is more the goat farmer can give some day / night droppings.Ø      Here the goats are grazed round the year for a few hours daily  animals should be  given good nutritious fodder which is rich in energy and protein apart from Concentrate. This system of management can be suitable for variable type of climate and small to medium size flock as very few farmers are having animals in thousands. Goats can be more suitable for Intensive than Sheep as per Anthony, Madras and this is right.
----------------------------------------
Regards,
Syed Mustafa Hussain Razvi
Owner
Shinefarms
syed@shinefarms.com
www.shinefarms.com
[Oct 22, 2010 9:46:29 PM] Print Post    Email is hidden to Guest Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. D.P.Bhoite
Phone Number: 02112-255207

Re: Semi Intensive and Intensive farming for Goat / Sheep

Thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
[Nov 8, 2010 9:23:09 AM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

asadrazvi2000

500+ Contributor
Hyderabad
Andhra Pradesh
India

Member's Photo

Thanks Doctor
----------------------------------------
Regards,
Syed Mustafa Hussain Razvi
Owner
Shinefarms
syed@shinefarms.com
www.shinefarms.com
[Nov 12, 2010 1:35:22 AM] Print Post    Email is hidden to Guest Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. D.P.Bhoite
Phone Number: 02112-255207

---------------'''''''''''''''-------------
[Nov 13, 2010 12:32:25 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

Hindi Keyboard   Telugu Keyboard   Kannada Keyboard