Login: 
Password:
Home All Questions Ask Question All Forums Recent Polls Users Register new user
Crops / फसल > Drumstick cultivation to increase yield  

Quick Go »
Show Printable Version | e-mail this thread | Add To My Favorites | Watch this Thread
Author
Previous Thread 3 Replies 2120 Views Next Thread

say2viva

20+ Contributor
Akkalkot
Maharashtra
India

Drumstick cultivation to increase yield

Hi I am around 13 acres of land with water supply. I have cultivated the 8 acers of land with tur,moog, udid.

I understand the drumstick cultivation will help the land feritlity. Please how to cultivate the drumstick to increase fertlity. Whether should I cultivate the drumstick tree at the border or in between also.

I am planning to grow 5 acres sugarcane, 3 acres grapes and remaining Mirchi and simla mirch, brinjal and lasson.

Please let me the specifications for cultivation for drumstick to increase the yield of these crops. What should be the spacing,etc.

[Aug 3, 2010 3:08:23 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Mr.S.V.Potekar
Phone Number: 02112-255207

Re: Drumstick cultivation to increase yield

You can plant the drumstick seedlings at distance of 4 X 4 or 5 X 5 m. Perenial varieties of drumstick can be planted at the border of field. For cultivation you can select the varieties like PKM-1, PKM-2 or kokan ruchira.

[Above information is based on recommendations from National Agriculture Research System. The Effectiveness of the recommendations varies from place to place with changes in natural resource and climate. Farmers are advised to use the information on their own responsibility. KVK Baramati shall not be responsible for any consequences.]

----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by baramati at Aug 6, 2010 3:56:35 PM]
[Aug 6, 2010 3:53:41 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

dharwad

Certified Expert
Raichur
Karnataka
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. V. I. Benagi
Phone Number: 08362774464

Sir,
Drumstick varieties are Dhanraj(Selection6/4),PKM-1,Bhagya .
SEEDS----For dwarf varieties ;250 grams per ha.
For Tall varieties-100 grams per ha.
FYM-----25 Ton per ha.
NPK----Nitrogen 50 kg and 125 kg P per ha.50% at 3 month later after 3 months after first application
Spacing---3.25 M * 3.25 M for dwarf varieties and 5 M* 5 M for tall varieties
ALL ABOVE VARIETIES ARE DWARF ONES.
[Aug 15, 2010 9:37:07 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

dharwad

Certified Expert
Raichur
Karnataka
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. V. B. Nargund
Phone Number: 08362744321

Dear friend,
drum stick can be grown as solo crop or as an inter crop in mango or sapota. So you can get better yield of all the crops.
[Aug 16, 2010 1:06:14 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

Hindi Keyboard   Telugu Keyboard   Kannada Keyboard