Login: 
Password:
Home All Questions Ask Question All Forums Recent Polls Users Register new user
Animals / पशु > which are the best breeds in India for dairy farming  

Quick Go »
Show Printable Version | e-mail this thread | Add To My Favorites | Watch this Thread
Author
Previous Thread 6 Replies 32857 Views Next Thread

pbhayya

30+ Contributor
Chitguppa
Karnataka
India

Member's Photo

which are the best breeds in India for dairy farming

I want to know which are the best breeds in India for dairy farming - Cows and Buffaloes. I wish to start with the best of breeds which can give around 20 - 25 litres per day. I can arrange to transport them to my place but need to know first about the best of the breeds and what is their price. I am in Bidar(Karnataka) and where should bye? who is the seller of that breeds 

Please suggest me with the cost and names of the good breeds.

[Sep 9, 2009 3:15:32 PM] Print Post    Email is hidden to Guest Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

xsaeed

Contributor
pune
Maharashtra
India

Re: which are the best breeds in India for dairy farming

Even I am interested in buy ing high yield cows. Pls write to:
xsaeed@gmail.com

also need to know about milking machines fr 10 numbers cows.
[Sep 10, 2009 9:55:30 AM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

avipetsind

40+ Contributor
Indore
Madhya Pradesh
India

Indian buffalo  Murrah is best Jafrabadi bahadawari are also good milking breeds.

As Indian cow breeds are tharparkar,Gir, Sahiwal are good milking breeds.

Exotic breeds like Holestine frizean (H.F.), Jercey, Red dan are high yeilding breeds

Wish you good luck 

[Sep 10, 2009 11:04:37 PM] Print Post    Email is hidden to Guest Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. D.P.Bhoite
Phone Number: 02112-255207

There are few breeds which are good for rearing as indeginous dairy animals.In that sindhi sahiwal,Tharparker,Kankerej are good milker & Murrah ,Mehsana ,Jafrabadi ,Surti are the best buffalo breeds .Other dairy cattle breeds like crosses with exotic breed like holstein Frisean & jersey are also performing well in different regions in India.Please see following attachment for details.You may see following thread for details:-
http://aaqua.persistent.co.in/aaqua/forum/viewthread?thread=13080

[Above information is based on recommendations from National Agriculture Research System. The Effectiveness of the recommendations varies from place to place with changes in natural resource and climate. Farmers are advised to use the information on their own responsibility. KVK Baramati shall not be responsible for any consequences.]
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by baramati at Sep 11, 2009 2:40:02 PM]
[Sep 11, 2009 2:39:28 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

sudhakarreddyt

10+ Contributor
Ongole
Andhra Pradesh
India

Member's Photo

In the Case of Cow;Holstein Frisean & Jersey  are best for Milking, the Breed like HF will give 30 - 40lts of milk per day, with good fodder management.

In the case of Buffalo the best is Murrah; only.

The above shown were given best milking quntities practically.

All the best.

[Sep 11, 2009 7:54:46 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

pbhayya

30+ Contributor
Chitguppa
Karnataka
India

Member's Photo

thanku sir

i want to know which breeds giving minimum amd maximum milks in ltrs

which is good living i n very hot area becouse my place is very hot in summer it will go up to 45degree to 47degreee in summer

so i want to know which breed sutable to this kind of area

[Sep 12, 2009 11:36:56 AM] Print Post    Email is hidden to Guest Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. D.P.Bhoite
Phone Number: 02112-255207

If you expet more milk from indeginous breeds then it is not possible as like exotic or cross bred in India.In case of high temperature area you may prefer to Jersey crosbred animals than Holstein frisean animals.HF crossbreds not perform much in high temperature area in general management status.If you have to keep HF crossbred animals,you mmay have to provide suitable housing,wtaer,fodder & balanced nutrition.The milk production of animal is depends on these factors so decide on this aspects.If possible take training at reginal Krishi Vigyan Kendra or agriculture or veterinary university in the state on dairy farm management.

[Above information is based on recommendations from National Agriculture Research System. The Effectiveness of the recommendations varies from place to place with changes in natural resource and climate. Farmers are advised to use the information on their own responsibility. KVK Baramati shall not be responsible for any consequences.]

----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by baramati at Sep 16, 2009 3:07:58 PM]
[Sep 16, 2009 3:06:50 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

Hindi Keyboard   Telugu Keyboard   Kannada Keyboard