Login: 
Password:
Home All Questions Ask Question All Forums Recent Polls Users Register new user
Animals / पशु > setting goatary in 24 parganas in west bengal  

Quick Go »
Show Printable Version | e-mail this thread | Add To My Favorites | Watch this Thread
Author
Previous Thread 1 reply 1265 Views Next Thread

probal

Contributor
Birati
West Bengal
India

setting goatary in 24 parganas in west bengal

Sir, I would like to start a goatary in my place, the problems seen in certain cases is survivality of goats specially viral infections which can incur huge loses in the process. in cases it is so acute that stock dies within a day or two, doctors unable to treat within this period. I would like to know from where these stocks shoul be purchased which r of good quality and disease resistant stock so survivality is greater. is there any referance book for goat culture? what is the best breed to culture in wb so there is always a higher meat ratio, and good survivality in stocks
[Mar 14, 2009 5:36:56 PM] Print Post Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

baramati

Certifed Expert
Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India

Member's Photo

Expert Name: Dr. D.P.Bhoite
Phone Number: 02112-255207

Re: setting goatary in 24 parganas in west bengal

In west bengal,in my knowledge Black Bengal & Ganjam are goat breed which is reared very much.Goat are in stress conditins many times .It may be due to Feed and fodder scarcity,Wtaer scarcity,heavy rains,Inclined weather etc.So for that it may be necessary to give proper shelter,Balanced feeding and preventive measures against diseases like vaccination.
According to your experience,you told that there is viral diseases which causes heavy mortality if your flock.You also note that yet science has not discovered any drug which can kill viruses & also there is no any breed developed in Indian situation which is virus resistance.If you think to bring any new breed of goat in your area then also problem of heavy mortality can be occure.So first study what are lacunas in goat rearing in yiur farm.Consult with veterinarian about management practices in your goat farm.Consult also for time line of various diseases of goats in your area and then decide time table for vaccination.Strictly follow the vaccination.
If posible greeds like Boar which is adaptive for various climatic conditions in the world can be reared your area.As it is good for mutton purpose and having heavy weight ,you need to have good feeding and management practices to be maintained in your farm and under special attantion.Do not hand over this responcibilty to your labour.For Boer goat ,you may contact at following address:-
Nimkar sheep & Goat research institute,
Phaltan,Dist- satara ,Maharashtra
Contact- 02166-221095/262106

----------------------------------------
goat farming[1].doc (202752 bytes) (Download Count: 127)

Manger specification-goats.doc (400896 bytes) (Download Count: 86)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by baramati at Mar 18, 2009 2:49:18 PM]
[Mar 18, 2009 2:47:26 PM] Print Post    Weather Info Report threaten post: please login first  Go to top 

Hindi Keyboard   Telugu Keyboard   Kannada Keyboard